Monday, September 21, 2009

Jackie interacts with the media

Jackie interacts with the mediaFormer Sri Lankan beauty and Bollywood actress met the Indian media for the first time before the opening of her movie Aladin with Riteish Deshmukh. Here are the excerpts of her tete-a-tete:

How was it working in a Bollywood project for your first film? And that too, playing Jasmine?
It's a dream come true. Bollywood fascinates me. It has really come up internationally. I had the most amazing director and cast to work with. I couldn't have asked for more. And playing the role of Jasmine is every girl's dream. Maybe I had a guardian angel looking down on me!

You are being compared to Katrina Kaif, as both of you are from abroad and have an accent. Are you apprehensive?
I hope I'm compared to Katrina. She's one of Bollywood's biggest stars and has really come up well. If I could ever match that, it would be great.

The other common thing between Katrina and you is the fact that both had Amitabh Bachchan in their debut films. How was it working with him?
It's a nice co-incidence that both Katrina and I have acted with Amitabh Bachchan in our first films. Amitabh has been my favourite actor since childhood. I was in shock when I came to know that I would act with him in Aladin. I was scared to the point that I was going to refuse the film!

No comments:

Post a Comment